RECIPE: Maple Cranberry Glazed Lentil Loafby
Protein Rich Vegan Lentil Loaf
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup red lentils, soaked and rinsed
- ½ cup green lentils, soaked and rinsed
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ cup ground oats
- ¾ cup oats
Cranberry-Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups cranberries, frozen or fresh
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion and celery. Add in carrots, sage, thyme, red lentils, green lentils and water. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 35 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- While the lentils are cooking, combine cranberries, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thick.
- Once lentils are cooked mix in ground oats and oats. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Press into a loaf pan and pour cranberry sauce on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting into.
Submitted by Vickie Hadge
Have a recipe to share? Send it to OurTolland@gmail.com