Is Now a Good Time to Put Your Home on the Market?by
You may be hesitant to put your home on the market in the winter because of the misconception that it’s not an optimal time for selling. However, regardless of the time of year there are always buyers in the market for a new home. An advantage for selling in the winter is that you can stage your home to take advantage of the indoor warmth of the season.
10 REASONS TO LIST YOUR HOME DURING THE HOLIDAYS
1. Buyers who look for homes during the holidays are more serious and committed to their search.
2. Buyers think there is less competition from other buyers during the holidays and less competition could generate a quicker sale.
3. Homes are seasonally radiant when decorated for the holidays.
4. After the holidays, the supply of listings increases substantially which lowers demand. More competition equals less money to a seller.
5. Buyers often have more focused time to look for a home during the holidays and there is more consumer confidence around retail frenzy.
6. Some people must purchase before the end of the year for tax reasons.
7. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Relocation buyers exist in our market and inventory is needed.
8. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the holidays.
9. You can sell now and schedule the closing a few months out.
10. Interest rates remain low and there are plenty of qualified buyers right now.